Clean, REnewable energy is created from the sun
- Solar Power is a renewable energy source that is derived from the sun.
- The sun emits energy in the form of solar radiation.
- Technology like solar cells, also called photovoltaic or pv cells, converts the suns light into usable energy.
- Solar cells are made of semiconductor materials, similar to those found in computer chips.
- When sunlight hits the cell, it knocks electrons loose from their atoms.
- As the electrons flow through the cell, they generate electricity.
- Solar energy is an exhaustible, virtually pollution free fuel source.
There are many reasons to have solar, especially on Kauai. To learn why click here.